- Programs & Services
- Cost Management
- Specialty Management
- Care Management
- Member Engagement
- Health Plan Client Engagement
Elevating CVS Pharmacy to a Health Care Destination
The new CVS Health model will set a bold course to transform health care and the consumer experience in America.
One of the foundational pieces of this goal is HealthHUB, a new community-based store concept focused on helping customers get well — and stay well — by offering a broader range of health care services, wellness products, trusted advice, and personalized care with the ease of walking right into a local CVS Pharmacy.
Acting as the connection point inside the HealthHUB is a Care Concierge, who will engage and educate customers, helping them navigate in-store services and events and connect them to in-store providers. For customers who want to manage care from the palm of their hand, HealthHUB locations will provide access to digitally enabled health and wellness apps, connected health monitors and smart devices, and technology-enhanced weight management programs. HealthHUB will also serve as living, learning “labs” using a "test-and-learn" approach that will enable us to explore new clinical and social services, and evolve them as we gather real-time insights and feedback from customers and patient before implementing a scaled roll-out.
The HealthHUB locations at CVS Pharmacy stores will:
- Provide health care services in a more convenient, accessible, and customer-focused manner
- Be the testing ground for new pilot programs and service offerings
- Help us identify the solutions that are the most effective and scalable, and roll them out more broadly
New Store Format
HealthHUB locations will combine the best of today’s CVS Pharmacy with the future of accessible, low-cost health services and offer more health services and trusted support.
The new format will have over 20 percent dedicated to health services. This includes 20 new wellness categories from self-care to chronic care, and 1000s of new items including additional durable medical equipment and supplies, and new product and service combinations for sleep apnea and asthma.
Over 20 percent of the store dedicated to health services
New Health Services
We will create an elevated health care destination with new health services that enable us to promote better health outcomes and lower medical costs. Trusted experts are available to answer questions, give advice and provide real-time care.
New MinuteClinic Services
- Help manage certain chronic conditions
- Diabetic screening, monitoring and treatment
- Diabetic retinopathy imaging and screening for MinuteClinic patients*
- End-to-end sleep apnea solution, including sleep assessment, home sleep testing**, diagnosis, CPAP prescription when appropriate, and follow-up care
- Licensed Dieticians on staff and new spaces for hosting individual sessions and community events
- Weight management programs via digital app**
Community Spaces & Technology-Enabled Offerings
- Wellness rooms for CVS professionals and community partners to host group events such as health screenings, wellness and nutrition classes, and benefits education
- Learning Table with iPads for customers to explore health and wellness apps and also allow them to shop our expanded assortment on cvs.com
- Digitally enabled tools and on-demand health kiosks to monitor blood pressure, weight, and body mass index
Advanced Pharmacy Services
HealthHUB locations offer expanded pharmacy services and enable our pharmacists to practice at the top of their license by providing personalized care and support for patients with chronic conditions.
Personalized Rx Support
- Education and counseling to better chronic conditions
- Help patients change their behavior to reduce medical costs
Diabetic Support & Services
- Consult with patients on new or changed medications
- Monitor & manage patients’ blood glucose levels
- Educate patients on connected glucometers for improved interactions & outcomes
Blood Pressure Screening and Management
- Conduct on-site consultations
- Follow up with patients’ providers for out-of-range readings
- Develop plans for patients and caregivers to help them quit smoking
Health Engagement Engine
This proprietary technology platform powers our integrated model, transforming data into actionable interventions for better outcomes.
*Diabetic retinopathy imaging and screening may be recommended if clinically appropriate for patients with diabetes who receive other diabetes related services at MinuteClinic. The diabetic retinopathy imaging and screening fee will be charged in addition to your diabetes related service.
**A third-party offering or managed by a third-party
All data Internal CVS Health Analysis, except as noted.
Image Source: CVS Health Creative Resource Library, accessed 2019.